Implementing time-based billing in your agency is a strategic move, and wbTimeLog makes this process seamless. However, setting it up involves several steps, which we’ll guide you through. If you’re not tech-savvy or simply prefer a professional’s touch, remember that installation support is available for purchase from AgencyPortal, or it’s included in your subscription.
Step 1: Installation
First, you’ll need to have the wbTimeLog module. If you haven’t yet, you can purchase it from Holodyn or another authorized distributor. The installation process is straightforward:
- Upload the module files to your WHMCS directory.
- In your WHMCS admin dashboard, go to ‘Setup’ > ‘Addon Modules’.
- Find ‘wbTimeLog’ and click ‘Activate’.
Need more details? Check out the official installation guide.
Step 2: Configuration
After installing the module, it’s time to tailor it to your agency’s needs:
- Click ‘Configure’ next to wbTimeLog for the settings.
- Here, you’ll set your standard hourly rate, credit rounding rules, and more.
- Don’t forget to set up your email templates for client notifications.
For a deeper understanding of these settings, visit the configuration documentation.
Step 3: Product Integration
To sell time as a product, you’ll integrate wbTimeLog with your WHMCS products/services:
- Navigate to ‘Setup’ > ‘Products/Services’ in WHMCS.
- Create a new product or edit an existing one, associating it with time credits.
- In ‘Module Settings’, select ‘wbTimeLog’ and specify the time/credits this product represents.
Learn more about product integration here.
Step 4: Managing Time Logs
With wbTimeLog, logging time against client credits is simple:
- From a support ticket, use the ‘Log Time’ option to deduct from client’s credits.
- Manual time logs can also be added directly in the wbTimeLog interface.
Find out more about managing time logs.
Step 5: Client Reports
Transparency is crucial. Keep your clients informed on their time credit usage:
- Generate detailed reports with wbTimeLog.
- These can be emailed or accessed in the client portal.
More on creating client reports here.
Step 6: Monitoring and Replenishing Credits
Ensure clients never run out of credits:
- wbTimeLog notifies clients when credits are low.
- They can purchase more by ordering the associated WHMCS product/service.
Read about credit management.
Step 7: Handling Overages
Set clear rules for time overages:
- Establish overage billing rules in wbTimeLog.
- Decide on overage rates and invoicing schedules.
Learn more about handling overages.
Setting up wbTimeLog is a strategic step towards more transparent, efficient billing. If you encounter challenges, remember that AgencyPortal offers installation services, or it’s included in your subscription package. This tool doesn’t just track time; it helps enforce a scalable business model for your agency. Time tracking is about more than just billing for time, it’s important to track your team’s time as a whole. We dive into that in our next blog post.
Taking Time Tracking to the Next Level: Uncover the Hidden Hours
While we’ve covered the ins and outs of setting up time-based billing, there’s another facet of time that often slips under the radar: unbillable hours. These are the hours that your team invests in internal meetings, training, admin tasks, and more. Though they’re not billable, they’re crucial to your agency’s success and efficiency. But how do you keep track of these elusive hours and, more importantly, make strategic decisions based on them?
What if we told you there’s a way to not only track billable hours but also gain insights into the comprehensive time expenditure across your agency? And even better, what if this could be integrated into your existing project management tools?
Stay tuned as we delve into the importance of tracking both billable and non-billable hours in our upcoming post. We’ll also reveal how our ClickUp integration works in harmony with wbTimeLog, bridging the gap between project management and time tracking, and providing a 360-degree view of time spent across your entire agency.
Ready to uncover the hidden hours and optimize your agency’s operations? Dive into our next post to learn more!